Indian economy is growing due to political stability and education awareness. Many US and UK base international IT companies now start establishing their captive branch in India. It is very hard to decide which location they could chose to start their branch among metro or non metro. Mumbai, Bangaluru, Channai, Delhi etc are very costly with high ratio of attrition. Now a says many company invest for office in semi metro cities like, Ahmadabad, Pune, Nasik, Gurgoun, Surat etc. which can provide good infrastructure with quality resources. I have list down key advantages of one of the semi metro city “Ahmadabad” of India which explain about core advantage to have IT or BPO head offices or branch with semi Metro city.
1. Location & Geographical Reach
* Ahmadabad is the seventh largest city of India and major commercial hub in of the western India.
* Ahmadabad is a financial & commercial capital of the Gujarat State.
* The city is close to Mumbai, the country’s financial and commercial capital.
* The city has International Airport connecting to countries likes USA, UK, France, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Malaysia, Kuwait etc.
* The Domestic Airport connecting all the major cities across the country.
* An extensive rail network connecting to all major centers across the country.
2. Human Resources & Talent-rich
* There are around 50 engineering colleges in and around Ahmadabad creating more than 40,000 engineers every year.
* Because of the education system which lays great emphasis on higher education & specialization, a talent pool with specialized knowledge in any field is readily available.
* The city has a large pool of skilled IT professionals and low attrition rates.
* There is also tremendous emphasis on mathematics and science, resulting in a large number of science and engineering graduates.
* Many organizations outsource their professional and skilled services like call center services, data management services, engineering services, financial services, healthcare services, software services, e-learning services, KPO services, web analytics services etc to Ahmadabad to give their business a competitive edge.
* The government has been continuously improving infrastructure with better roads, setting up technology parks, opening up telecoms for enhanced connectivity, providing uninterrupted power to augment growth.
* It has SEZ environment at Gandhinagar just few kilometers away from Ahmadabad to
* The other hospitality projects are also initiated and taken up in full swing.
4. Reliable Electricity Supply
* City has a highly reliable (almost 99.7% up time) Electricity supply which is very essential for running any industry.
5. Reliable Communication Facilities
* City has a very reliable communication facilities thru advance telecommunication technology like CDMA and 3G, which enables to city to connect to any part of the globe
6. High Quality Standards
* Ahmadabad provides high-quality services which are cost-effective.
* Organizations in Ahmadabad employ the latest in technology to provide world-class solutions.
7. Cost Efficiency
* The cost of living in Ahmadabad is low compared to other Indian metro cities like Mumbai, Bangalore, Delhi, Chennai etc.
* Because of good road network and private institutional involvement in public infrastructure development, the traffic situation is better than other metro cities
* As the city is still developing, the cost of infrastructure is almost 50% lower than the other metro cities
* By outsourcing to Ahmadabad, companies can save on time, effort, manpower ad infrastructure.
* In all good educational institutions, from kindergarten to graduation & beyond, the preferred medium of education is English resulting in a significantly large population of educated & qualified professionals being conversant if not proficient in the English language.
9. Government Stability
* IT is one of the major focus of Gujarat Government and organized efforts are being put to improve the investment potential and the IT initiatives in Gujarat.
* Mr Narendra Modi, CM of Gujarat organized Vibrant Gujarat every year to open doors of opportunity for international and domestic business groups.
* Development of various software technology parks and SEZ’s to provide the necessary infrastructure and setup for the IT companies.
To summarize, experienced professionals, less competition, cost effectiveness, good infrastructure and ample space are some of the reasons why one should choose semi metro city like Ahmadabad as an outsourcing destination.