Today morning I talk to Mr Elagnayiru Pari from intel and come to know about their application store launch in India around October 2010 to wish IT industry a Happy Diwali and prosperous new year. This store is already live in US and doing average business as per reports. Its again pre-existing concept but with USP of “NetBOOK” as platform. There are few modification in to revenue sharing model and SDK as per the device functionality.
What is Intel Atom Developer Program?
It Provides you with everything you need to create, and then sell your applications to the users of Intel atom based devices like “netbooks.”
Why to join this program?
· It offers a whole new revenue stream for selling your applications among the users of atom based devices like netbooks.
· Be first to this market with innovative applications
· Loyalty programs and incentives for innovative applications
· Million dollar development funding program
How do IT Companies make money in this model?
You set the price for the application and receive upto 70% of the revenue from every sale.
To get started with the Developer Program, all you need to do is
Once you get enrolled, you can
· Access the resources available, including blogs, forums, how-tos, process and user guides, checklists, videos and more
· Download development tools, such as the App Store SDK specification and components
· Submit your applications for validation
· Monitor your application and components
To know more, visit the below link.
Visit Intel AppUp Store.
As Intel is going to compete with apps store, blackbarry store and nokia’s OVi with USP of providing application on Laptop / mini device with Atom processor. Lets see the increasing demand of NetBook device in India get good start for this too or still they need to prove the capability in India.